In addition to providing services in premium cataract surgery and general ophthalmology, Dr Davies is subspecialty trained in the management of eyelid, eye socket and tear duct disorders in adults and children. After completing his medical degree at the University of Sydney, he went on to obtain a Masters Degree in Ophthalmic Science. Dr Davies subsequently completed his specialist ophthalmology training at Sydney Eye Hospital.
Following completion of his ophthalmology training he undertook two further years of sub-specialty training in oculoplastic, lacrimal and orbital surgery at The Royal Brisbane Hospital / Queensland Children’s Hospital and The University of British Columbia Eye Care Centre in Vancouver, Canada.
Dr Davies is a fellow of both the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology and the Australia and New Zealand Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeons (ANZSOPS). He has published widely in the medical literature and has presented at numerous national and international ophthalmology conferences as well as serving as an editor for the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. He has an ongoing interest in rural and remote ophthalmology, having worked in a number of developing countries as well as with remote indigenous communities in the Northern Territory.
Dr Davies is a Visiting Medical Officer at Concord Repatriation and General Hospital where he supervises registrar training in oculoplastics. He has been appointed as a Clinical Lecturer in the department of medicine at Macquarie University.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (BMedSci) (1st Class Honours)
- Master of Medicine (Ophthalmic Science) (MMed)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology (FRANZCO)
- Member of the Australia and New Zealand Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeons (ANZSOPS)
- Clinical Lecturer (Macquarie University)
- Royal Brisbane Hospital / Queensland Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
- The University of British Columbia Eye Care Centre in Vancouver, Canada
Areas of Expertise:
- Cataract surgery
- Eyelid lesions
- Periocular skin cancers
- Eyelid malpositions (“droopy eyelids”, ptosis, ectropion, entropion, brow ptosis)
- Watery eye/tear duct disorders (endoscopic DCR – scarless minimally invasive tear duct surgery)
- Eye socket (orbital) disorders (tumours, fractures, thyroid eye disease, inflammatory disorders)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)
- Botox treatment (blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm)