Matthew is a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist who has expertise in the diagnosis and management of Glaucoma. He is passionate about education and awareness of preventable blindness for conditions such as Glaucoma.
Matthew studied medicine at the University of Notre Dame. After completing his intern and residency Matthew was trained in Ophthalmology at the Sydney Eye Hospital.
In his final year he worked in the Sydney Eye Hospital Professorial team, working with patients with a broad range of conditions including advanced uveitis, glaucoma and corneal disease. During this time he developed a special interest in glaucoma.
A sub-specialty fellowship in Glaucoma at Westmead Hospital allowed him to hone his skill in the diagnosis and management of all types of Glaucoma. During the Westmead Hospital fellowship he was also trained in the surgical management of glaucoma using trabeculectomy, aqueous shuts as well as Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS).
Matthew is visiting Consultant Ophthalmologist at Sydney Eye Hospital. Along with his clinical duties, this role allows him to pursue his passion for teaching. He also teaches at the Sydney University Ophthalmic Masters course.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO)
- Master of Medicine (Ophthalmic Science)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Notre Dame University Sydney
- Bachelor of Optometry, University of New South Wales
- Glaucoma fellowship, Westmead Hospital
Areas of Expertise:
- Corneal disease
- Minimally-invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS)